FYI runs 5 terms of 6 or 7 weeks running from September to June. The week before a new term starts, students will be issued with an envelope with their name on it and the price of the fees. Please return fees to the studio the following week in the provided envelope (or another envelope with the student’s name and class written on it). Cheques should be made out to FYI Dance Club. Alternatively, fees can be paid through on-line banking. Please ask for bank info.
TEXT MESSAGES AND UPDATES
FYI uses a webtext service to provide information and updates. We also send newsletters through email from time-to time. Please make sure we have the correct contact information for you, and let us know should these contact details change, in particular, emergency information.
While FYI does not impose an official uniform for students, in the interest of health and safety we do expect students to dress appropriately for class. Street & Commercial classes must wear tracksuit and sports trainers, Jazz classes must wear leotard and leggings and Creative Dance classes can wear leotard/t-shirt and leggings/shorts. Official FYI dance wear (hoodies, t-shirts & bottoms) can be purchased from the studio to wear in class and at school functions and shows. Leotards, leggings, sneakers and jazz shoes can be ordered from the studio at discount prices.
Students can make up any missed classes during the term block. Classes however cannot be carried over between terms neither can fees be reduced for holidays and or classes missed due to illness.
Once a student enrols in FYI it is the duty of the parent to give notice if a student is not returning for another term. This allows the place to be filled without a loss of earnings to the school. If a student misses 3 classes without notice to us, we will assume they have left the school and give their place to a waiting student. No refunds will be offered.
The Dance Club is currently owned and run by Zoe Patterson. Zoe began dancing ballet and modern at the age of 4, and at age 15 was accepted to third level education where Zoe spent 4th year training in professional dance and dance teaching before returning to secondary school to complete the Leaving certificate. Zoe was then offered a place at Merseyside Dance & Drama Centre (Liverpool) where she trained and successfully completed her dance teaching diploma with the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing, Modern Dance Theatre branch. On returning to Ireland, Zoe began a professional career as a backing dancer, touring Ireland and participating in many high-profile events, such as music videos, support act for Mary J. Blige at the RDS, the Childline Concert at the Point depot, O2 in the Park, the Rose of Tralee festival and Irish Entertainment Awards, Belfast, to name a few. After a couple of years, Zoe found her calling in teaching and in finding a great deal of work in primary and secondary schools, returned to education herself and began a BA (hons) in Dance Education, specialising in dance within the national curriculum, with the Royal Academy of dance, validated by the University of Surrey. It was during this time that Zoe set up her first few classes, operating out of the Wicklow Pilates Studio and under the name ‘Dance Club’. As the school grew, Zoe took it to the next level and expanded from 2 days per week to 4, adding Jazz and Creative Dance classes for 4-6 year olds and became the FYI Dance Club, FYI being the school’s mantra: To always be Fun, to nurture the Young and to always be Inclusive regardless of the students’ age, sex or status. In 2010 a new class ‘Streetdance’ was added to the timetable after Zoe was offered a place on the World’s first ever ACCREDITED Streetdance Teacher’s Course. On completion of the course (and a 3 day examination), Zoe became the first person in Ireland with an accredited Streetdance Teacher’s Diploma, and one of 20 in the world. In 2011, a second Irish person was awarded this qualification: past-FYI pupil Rachel Sheil (super proud). To ensure the FYI Dance Club continues to grow and provide high-quality lessons and choreography, Zoe continues to train herself, going to the UK 2 or 3 times per year to train with professional dancers, competition champions, choreographers and the best teachers in the business. Zoe sees her teaching as an on-going development, that there is always something more to learn, and more to teach.
FYI DANCE CLUB
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
THE AIMS OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IS TO ENSURE THE HIGH STANDARD OBTAINED BY THE FYI DANCE CLUB IS MAINTAINED AND TO ENSURE THE SAFE TEACHING PRACTICE AND AN ENJOYABLE EXPERIENCE FOR ALL STUDENTS ENROLLED.
1. FEES must be paid in full at the start of each term. This policy is in place to encourage commitment from students and aims to lessen disruption. Continuous attendance is an invaluable aspect to creating class morale and team work. If an arrangement is made between the school and a parent to pay in installments, this arrangement must be adhered to and the full term fee must be paid before the end of each term, regardless of missed classes. Delay in payment may result in the loss of a place within a chosen class.
PAYMENT is accepted in cheque or cash form. Please note we do not have credit/laser card facilities in the studio. If you wish to pay online via online banking please contact Zoe.
It is NOT school policy to provide REFUNDS once a student has secured a place in the school. Due to the high demand for places, and to prevent disruption or a loss of earnings for the school, a student is encouraged to watch/participate in a class before enrolling. Please contact the studio to arrange a FREE trial.
MISSED CLASSES may be made up elsewhere in the timetable, but cannot be carried over from term to term. Please note however that content will vary from class to class.
If a student misses part of a term but wishes to retain their place, the full term fee must be paid. Failure to do so may result in the loss of a place in the chosen class.
2. Students are welcome to arrive early to class. However please note that students are only covered by the school during the hours of which they have booked and paid for. Supervision is not guaranteed outside of these hours.
3. It is the parents’/guardians’ responsibility to PICK-UP and DROP-OFF their children safely. Children will only be allowed to wait for collection in the Centre, not by the road. Please have a clear arrangement with your son/daughter. It is advisable to text the teacher if you are running late. Please note that a phone call/voicemail may not be answered during class time to ensure full attention is given to the class present.
4. Repeated LATE COLLECTION will not be adhered to and may result in the loss of your son’s/daughter’s place in the school.
5. If a student is LATE for class or not PROPERLY ATTIRED, this may result in non-participation. This is a health and safety issue. Warming up at the beginning of class is imperative for preparing the mind and body for the class to follow.
6. FYI Dance Club takes a HEALTHY approach to its participations. Sweets, crisps and fizzy drinks do not provide a sustained level of energy, therefore is not encouraged. Students must bring their own bottle with water.
7. PERSONAL PROPERTY is not the responsibility of FYI Dance Club. Please ensure your name is on all property brought into the studio or performance venue. Whilst we do endeavor to provide a lost property facility, any unclaimed property is donated to local charities at the end of the school year.
8. Using VIDEO FOOTAGE is an integral aspect of teaching and learning dance. This footage is deleted after use and/or kept in a locked box between uses. FYI Dance Club performance may be recorded or photographed for educational and promotional use. Please inform the studio if you do NOT wish to include your son /daughter in these.
9. From time to time the school may invite GUEST TEACHERS to teach in the school. These teachers will be trained to a high standard and screened by the principal.